EASY APPLE CRUMBLE
- 8oz of plain flour (or to change it up you can use wholemeal flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g / 5oz of sugar (I used caster but brown is nice for a toffee flavour)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 lbs or 1 kilo of peeled and cored apples *
- 3oz sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla essence* if you use cooking apples put these in a pot with all the filling ingredients and 2 tbsp of water and cook until soft.
The How To BIT
1. We had Crisp Red Apples so just add them to your oven proof dish with the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence and mix.
2. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F / Gas Mark 4
3. To make the crumble put the flour and the baking powder into a bowl and run in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles fine bread crumbs stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
4. Top the apples with the crumble mix and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30- 40 minutes or until golden.
Serve with Custard or Vanilla Ice-cream
Moist Irish Apple Cake – recipe for 1 cake, for 2 cake double the ingredients.
- 8 oz/ 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1sp Baking powder
- 6oz/ 3/4 cup Sugar
- 6oz/ 3/4 cup Butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 handfuls of pealed and cored apples
The How To
Slow cooker Apple Sauce
- Enough Chopped Apples to fill your slow cooker
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 11tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Apple juice or water
- Juice from 1/2 lemon