Following on from our Save Money for Christmas Meal Planning- this week is still about saving money and time to enjoy all those Christmas Activities. So this is Christmas Activities Meal Planning. This plan will offer quick and easy meals so you can enjoy those carol services, visits to Santa and Christmas shopping, while saving time and money.
This is where Meal Planning is vital it saves so much time and money if you shop the special offers in your supermarket.
- The first way to save money is to check your freezer, if it full, it is time to start eating from it.
- Take a Freezer inventory using my free Printables below and use that as a basis for your meals.
- Next, check your pantry and store cupboards and see what you have and what you can use – Lots of pasta? add Pasta dishes to your menu.
- Finally, Check the Special offers and come up with a shopping list
This Post may contain Affiliate links which will mean we can get more seeds for the garden.
Click To Tweet
Meal Planning is all about saving time and money and with my Plain Printables you can make a Meal Plan perfect for your family, or you can use my meal suggestions below.
Christmas Activities Meal Planning Menu
How to stick to your meal plan and keep costs down
- Never Shopping when Hungry – this one Vital
- Write a List and Stick to it.
- Avoid packaged meals – cooking from scratch doesn’t always take time.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit
- Try to add a Meat-free meal to your diet at least once a week
- Shop in budget stores Aldi and Lidl which keep their prices low and have weekly special buys
Get your Free Budget Meal Planning Printables below
Here is your downloadable Free Meal Planning Printables so you can make your own budget using local stores to you and I have included a Freezer Inventory to help you shop from your freeze.
Saving Money for Christmas Meal Planning – recipes
Mince is on special in Lidl last week and this tasty Slow-cooker Spaghetti is perfect for making a tasty meal. Slow-cooking might seem counterintuitive but being able to pop this dish on in the morning and forget it for a few hours is great.
TIP: For more time control use a timer plug for your slow cooker
These Easy Stuffed peppers are quick and tasty and are this week’s exclusive recipe in the Snapshot and Snippets newsletter – sign up below for weekly exclusive recipes
Tip: Look for meals that can be prepared quickly to save time
Tip – You can cheat once during the week and not home cook everything if you want supermarket pizza go ahead as Good fellas in on Special this week in Lidl
One pot dishes save time on the washing up and this Easy Skillet Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
TIP: Always check the special offers – most supermarkets now have websites you can check
This tasty Quick and Easy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta can be ready in a flash and your family will love it
Tips: Pasta is always a quick and filling option and there are plenty of Gluten free varieties these days
Make this Fake away – Quick Vegetarian Rogan Josh add Naan Bread and mango chutney to this dish to make a feast of ti
TIP: Fake-away dishes give you a take-out taste without the price
This amazing Slow-cooker Pot roast recipe can be left for 8 – 10 hours on low and will be so good, leaving you plenty of free time to go see Santa or choose a Tree.
If you sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter, which as exclusive recipes and tips. Sign up and you can a Free copy of my Beginner’s Guide to Menu Planning. Which comes with plain versions of the Meal Planner and the Shopping and so much more. For more Menu’s head over to the Organizing Junkie’s Monday Menu Link up.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>