As you know I am a big fan of all things Organic that is why I grow Organic Vegetables. You can read all about my Organic Kitchen garden here. But what can you do if you are not yet growing your own vegetables? Sometimes supermarkets like Lidl run special Organic Promotions. Use these promotions to stock up on Organics products in your freezer; And start Eating Organically on a Budget with my handy meal plan.
10 Organic Products – I highly recommend when on offer.
- Organic Coconut Oil – This can be expensive but great for cooking and you can store it for a long time
- Pesto – A great store cupboard favourite – perfect for quick pasta dishes
- Maple Syrup – When this is the same price as normal Maple Syrup I grab it
- Mince – Organic Mince is great for filling the freezer – make sure you have room
- Organic rice – I especially like the Organic Brown rice. Whole grains like brown rice are rich in fibre, which may reduce heart disease and risks for certain cancers, while also promoting good digestion and a healthy weight.
- Organic Cashew Nuts – I love cashew nuts as a treat and you can use them in cooking too
- Olive Oil – Another great store cupboard favourite, Organic Olive Oil is made with Olives grown Organically
- Frozen Organic Beans/Peas – I love these in the freezer they are so handy when I am not growing them fresh.
- Organic Salmon – Salmon is expensive usually so to be able to pick this up Organic and at a good price, you can bet I will pick up a few for the freezer.
- Organic Banana Chips – I just like these to nibble on this is less about saving money and more about treating myself.
Below is a list from the Environmental Working Group on the Vegetables and fruits that use the most chemicals to grow
The 2017 Dirty Dozen List
Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen – THESE ARE
- Sweet Bell Peppers
I grow a lot of these myself but when I am not producing them I try and buy them organically – Luckily thanks to the likes of Lidl and Aldi I can. This week they have Organic Potatoes, Tomatoes, Peppers, Oranges, Lemons and Beetroot on special offer in Lidl.
Eating Organically on a Budget – Meal plan
Here is your downloadable Free Meal Planning Printables so you can make your own budget using local stores to you and I have included a Freezer Inventory to help you shop from your freeze.
Eating Organically on a Budget Meal Planning – recipes
Organic Mince is on special and this Sweet Potato Cottage Pie is full of flavour and great on a cold and miserable day.
Tip: You can swap beef mince for meatless mince which is 1.99 a bag. Going Meatless is one way of eating more Organically.
I am sharing this amazing Organic Beetroot and Walnut Salad in my newsletter – sign up below -This hearty and filling warming salad is so good for lunch or dinner
Tip: Look out for special offers to save money -Organic Beetroot is 49c and Organic Walnuts are €2.49 in Lidl
This Tasty Gluten-free Pizza is so actually easy to make and with low-fat Mozzarella makes this a healthier meal. You can also buy Organic Stone baked Margarita Pizza from Lild for €2.49.
Tip – Stock up on specialist food like Gluten-free or Organic when it is on offer
Tortellini is a great easy meal and Organic Tortellini is €1.99 a packet this week pop this Effortlessly Easy and Tasty Tortellini in the slow-cooker.
Tip: Pasta can come in Gluten-free and Organic
With Organic Salmon on special offer, this amazing Gluten-free Salmon and Spinach Lasagna is perfect when you have a bit of time.
Tip: You can pick up Gluten-free past easily – if you are lucky enough not to need it just use normal Lasagna
Sometime you need quick and easy dinners and these Organic Burgers are tasty. We love them with coleslaw ever since we had it years ago at school fair and it is really good.
TIP: If you prefer veggie burgers you can pick up Organic ones for 1.49 in Lidl
On Sunday I will be cooking our usual Roast Dinner. I will serve it with lots of Organic Veggies from the garden. Although I always buy Organic Potatoes when I have none in the garden they are €1.95 a bag and taste amazing.
For dessert I will make this Apple and Maple Slice as Organic Maple syrup is on special offer this week.
Tip: Sometimes Organic Products can be as cheap as their non-organic counterparts shop around for bargains
The total for all these dishes is €53.93 and I have even designed a Shopping list to help you – click the image to download. If you have a good store cupboard it will be a lot less
Disclaimer: these Prices are correct in Ireland for this week 05/02 – as some prices fluctuate this could be slightly more if used at another time. Also obviously I can only describe the prices in my country. I would love to know how others got on in their countries with this list.
If you sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter, which as exclusive recipes and tips. Sign up and you can a Free copy of my Beginner’s Guide to Menu Planning. Which comes with plain versions of the Meal Planner and the Shopping and so much more. For more Menu’s head over to the Organizing Junkie’s Monday Menu Link up.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>