Leek and Potato Soup is one of my favourites, throw in some home-made croutons and you are talking heaven in a bowl.
Leek and Potato Soup
- 450g of potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion chopped – I used red because that is what I had 🙂
- 450g of chopped leeks using the white parts – save the green for stock making
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- A carton of cream or if you are being good, low-fat creme fraiche
- 125ml of milk
- Olive oil/ Butter
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
The How to
1.Put the potatoes, leeks and onion into a saucepan with the olive oil or butter and cook them gently until soft.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, simmer until the vegetables are cooked should only take 5-10 minutes.
3. Puree vegetables until smooth with a hand- blender then add milk and creme fraiche to the pan and cook gently. Add seasoning to taste.
Serve with Home-made croutons and Chives
- Leftover wholemeal or white bread chopped into cubes -I either croûton or crumb the end of loaves to save them and bag them for the freezer that way I always have croutons or breadcrumbs whenever I want.
- 3 tbsp of olive oil or melted butter.
- 1tsp of chopped garlic and a pinch salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley.
The How to Bit
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C.
2. Mix the olive oil or melted butter with the herbs mix well
3. Toss the croutons in the oil mix and cover thoroughly.
4. Spread on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy – store in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my kids and I do and thank you for stopping by 🙂
You can find more Soup recipes here
- Chicken and Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
- Speedy Soup Rolls and Root Vegetable Soup
- Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- 5 Fall Soups to warm you up
You can also sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets newsletter and get weekly exclusive recipes and Organic living and gardening tips and get a free recipe book
This image is pinnable – please feel free to share