Beef Marsala Curry in the Slowcooker
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFLITATE LINKS
My family are big fans of Indian food and this Marsala curry is always a winner. Cooking this awesome Marsala curry in the slow-cooker infuses the meats with spices. The best thing about slow-cooking is it free’s up your time in the evening. And your kitchen smells awesome. I suggest you get a slow cooker with a timer so you can plan when it comes on and leave your day free to enjoy.
Beef Marsala Curry in the slow-cooker
- 2 lb stewing beef, cut into 2-inch cubes – tip you can do this recipe with pork , lamb or chicken too
- 1 tsp of sunflower oil
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- salt – 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- turmeric – 1 tsp
- garam masala-1 tbsp
- cumin – 1/2 tsp
- coriander – 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper – 1/2 tsp
- smoked paprika – 1/2 tsp
- lemon zest – 1/2 tsp
- brown sugar – 1 tsp
- beef stock 1/2 cup
- One Red Pepper – deseeded
- Two handfuls of Spinach
- Natural Yoghurt – 1/2 a pot (Optional)
- Chopped coriander to garnish
The How to Bit –
- Prepare your slow cooker as per manufacturer’s instructions and place in you liner if you are using one.
- In a skillet heat the oil, chopped onions, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Cook until onions become translucent, for about 3 minutes.
- Then stir in the crushed tomatoes, brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into the food processor and blend all into a paste.
- Put you Beef which you can pre-brown in a pan if you want to, into the slow cooker with the red pepper, the paste, the beef stock and the lemon juice.
- Turn the slow cooker on for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
- For the last half hour of cooking add in the spinach and the natural yogurt ( if you like my daughter,you like a milder taste)
- Serve over Basmati rice.