I love my slow cooker , it is my savior on work days, my get out jail when I want to have fun. And this Beef Goulash recipe for the slow-cooker is perfect for colder days.
Check out the giveaway below for something to make Slow-cooking easier.
Beef Goulash Recipe
Now for the Giveaway !!
If you read my blog at all you must know by now how much I rave on about my slow-cooker and I want to share with you some tips on slow cooker use if you are new to the slow cooker way of doing things.
Slow cooker Tips
- If you have no timer on your slow-cooker use a timer plug – just set when you want it on and you are good to go
- If you are cooking Freezer Meals make sure you add extra time for de-thawing
- When cooking rice in the slow-cooker allow,1/2 pint of water for each 100g rice
- Pasta tends to get soggy if left in for the whole time so add them in the last hour
- Do not add shellfish to your dishes until 30 minutes to the end
- Root vegetables take longer to cook than meat which is why you must dice them
- If a dish usually takes:
- 15 – 30 mins, cook it for 1 – 2 hours on High or 4 – 6 hours on Low
- 30 mins – 1 hour, cook it for 2 – 3 hours on High or 5 – 7 hours on Low
- 1 – 2 hours, cook it for 3 – 4 hours on High or 6 – 8 hours on Low
- 2 – 4 hours, cook it for 4 – 6 hours on High or 8 – 12 hours on Low
- Use Slow cooker liners to make your clean up easier
Shop this post with Amazon
If you enjoyed this slowcooker recipe try some of my others here
- Beef Marsala Curry in the Slowcooker
- Tasty but Low-Calorie Slow-cooker Beef Stroganoff
- My 2 Favourite Slowcooker recipes
- Effortlessly Easy and Tasty Tortellini