The run up to Christmas can be expensive so Saving money for Christmas is the goal.
This is where Meal Planning is vital it saves so much time and money if you shop the special offers in your supermarket.
- The first way to save money is to check your freezer, if it full, it is time to start eating from it.
- Take a Freezer inventory using my free Printables below and use that as a basis for your meals.
- Next, check your pantry and store cupboards and see what you have and what you can use – Lots of pasta? add Pasta dishes to your menu.
- Finally, Check the Special offers and come up with a shopping list
This Post may contain Affiliate links which will mean we can get more seeds for the garden.
Click To Tweet
Meal Planning is all about saving time and money and with my Plain Printables you can make a Meal Plan perfect for your family, or you can use my meal suggestions below.
Saving Money for Christmas Meal Planning Menu
How to stick to your meal plan and keep costs down
- Never Shopping when Hungry – this one Vital
- Write a List and Stick to it.
- Avoid packaged meals – cooking from scratch doesn’t always take time.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit
- Try to add a Meat-free meal to your diet at least once a week
- Shop in budget stores Aldi and Lidl which keep their prices low and have weekly special buys
Get your Free Budget Meal Planning Printables below
Here is your downloadable Free Meal Planning Printables so you can make your own budget using local stores to you and I have included a Freezer Inventory to help you shop from your freeze.
Saving Money for Christmas Meal Planning – recipes
Turkey mince was on special for me in Lidl last week and this tasty Slow-cooker Turkey Chilli is perfect for making a tasty meal. I have found my lot prefer Turkey mince to Beef Mince so I make this version more often now.
TIP: You can also have this meatless for Meatless Monday
This Cheap and Cheerful Chilli Sausage, Potato, Bean Casserole is just that cheap, nutritious and filling. Perfect for cold days.
Tip: Use Beans and Pulses to fill out dishes and up the nutritional content
Tip – You can cheat once during the week and not home cook everything if you want supermarket pizza go ahead as Good fellas in on Special this week in Lidl
I always shop the special offer to help lower my food bill and this week Kale is on special offer in my Supermarket for 49c. I am lucky as it is also free in my garden currently so this Fabulous Gluten free Kale and Mushroom Pasta is the perfect dish to use up that wonderful Kale.
TIP: Always check the special offers – most supermarkets now have websites you can check
Bacon and Chorizo Gratin is a such a yummy comfort food dish perfect for a cold day and it is a cheap and cheerful dish too
Tips: Serve with steamed green beans or Baked beans it is up to you
Beef is on Special offer in the Supermarket this week and this Traditional Irish Beef stew will definitely hit the spot
TIP: Don’t want to use Guinness – add some beef stock with Worcestershire sauce
Usually I do a Roast dinner on Sundays but as there is only Me and My youngest to feed these days I have been using smaller and easy meals. I have been working on a Slow-cooker Chicken Chasseur recipe and it is very tasty and perfect for Sunday Dinner, I will share the recipe exclusively in the newsletter this week so sign up below.
If you sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter, which as exclusive recipes and tips. Sign up and you can a Free copy of my Beginner’s Guide to Menu Planning. Which comes with plain versions of the Meal Planner and the Shopping and so much more. For more Menu’s head over to the Organizing Junkie’s Monday Menu Link up.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>