Why Three Great Waffle recipes, not One?
Years ago when we got married we got a waffle maker from our friend. Unfortunately, the waffle maker didn’t make it. So when I found out the not so local Lidl was selling them this week you can bet your booty I was up there buying one. I love a great waffle recipe and I have a family that loves them too.So why 3 great recipes because choosing one was too hard they are all great.
Of course, the first thing I did was look for recipes. I share with you, our three favourite recipes so far.
The Very Best Waffles found at www.bunsinmyoven.com
These were delicious if a little time consuming to make.
- 3/4 cup of self-raising flour or 100g
- 1/4 cup of cornflour or 30g
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or we used 3/4 cup of natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large egg – separated
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- /2 tsp Vanilla essence
The How to Bit
- Heat up the waffle iron.
- Mix all the dry ingredient except for the sugar into a bowl.
- Measure the yoghurt (buttermilk) , Milk and oil into a jug and mix in the egg yolk and the vanilla.
- In another bowl mix the egg white into soft peaks. Add in the sugar gradually and continue to beat until firm and glossy.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the contents of the jug into the mixture slowly mixing the ingredients together until combined into a batter. Drop the egg white mixture in dollops and fold gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron I used my 1/4 cup and found it took under two to fill my waffle iron.
- Once cooked either serve straight away or place in a warm oven on a rack to keep crispy.
Serving suggestions – Golden Syrup, Maple syrup, honey, fruits, Chocolate spread and banana (my youngest favourite)
Makes approx 8 waffles
- 4 eggs
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 50g chocolate spread
- 150g Self raising flour
- 50g Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips optional 30g
The How to Bit
- Beat the condensed milk, eggs, and chocolate spread until creamy then stir in the flour, cocoa powder and chocolate chips if required.
- Place 3 tablespoons into the waffle iron and cook for 3 mins until golden brown.They would be great with Ice cream or whipped cream and strawberries 🙂
Finally for those that can’t eat eggs or like me ran out due to lots of waffle making !!
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 Tsp baking powder
- sugar- 2 Tsp
- 2 cups of milk
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Water 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 tbsp melted butter
The How to bit
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. In a jug mix the milk, oil, water, vanilla and melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients into a smooth batter.
- Let Batter sit for a few minutes.
- Then add 3 tbsp of batter to pre-heated waffle iron and bake until golden.
If you are looking for more tasty brunch recipes try these recipes
- Easy Egg Muffin a tasty and easy to make Brunch
- Fantastic apple and custard brioche bake
- Easy Cinnamon ; A tasty brunch recipe