With Mother’s day coming up soon in the USA I was thinking of new Mother’s day ideas. I would just love to take my Mum to Afternoon tea but budget, as usual, is a hurdle. What if we could throw our Mother’s a beautiful afternoon tea at home? And it doesn’t have to be Mother’s day to do it either! Have Afternoon Tea with your friends where each one of your picks a recipe to do. I ask a few talented bloggers for their Mother’s day Afternoon Tea Ideas and they did not disappoint. And I decided to give you my recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons too! What more could you need for a fabulous Mother’s day?
I ask a few talented bloggers for their Mother’s day Afternoon Tea Ideas and they did not disappoint. And I decided to give you my recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons too! What more could you need for a fabulous Mother’s day?
Here is your recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Recipes – I have actually formatted it in the same way I send my recipes in the Snapshot and Snippets newsletter. I make them a handy card size so you can store them easily.
Chocolate Macaroons for Mother’s day Afternoon Tea
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 medium egg whites
For the filling
- 50g milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp skimmed milk, warmed a little
- a dessert spoon of hazelnut spread
The How to Bit
- Heat oven to 180C/ 160C fan/gas 4. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl, then stir in the ground almonds. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the dry ingredients.
- Fill an icing bag fitted with a plain nozzle with the mixture (or put in a large food bag and snip off the corner).
- Pipe 24 small blobs, about 3cm across, onto the baking sheet, leaving a little space between each.
- Smooth the surface with a wet finger, then leave for 15 – 30 mins dry out.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until macaroons feel firm to the touch and peel easily off the paper.
- Cool on the paper, then peel off and store in a tin for up to 1 week.
To make the filling,
- put chocolate into a heatproof bowl and gently melt over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Stir in the warm milk until smooth and the hazelnut spread
- Leave to cool and thicken a little, then use to sandwich the macaroons together.
Tips – double sieve your almond to make them finer and always let your macarons dry on the baking sheet as this forms the foot.
So what else can you make for Mother’s day Afternoon Tea?
My second recipe is from Rhian over at Rhian’s recipes. I just love Cherry Bakewell’s, so this recipe was a must and even better it is gluten free and vegan so perfect for some of my family members.
These Lamingtons remind me so much of growing up in Austraila and my Mum loved them as they have coconut. This gorgeous Lamington recipe is from Lyndsay’s Travels .
4. Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
No afternoon tea would be complete without dainty sandwiches and these tasty morsels from Culinary Ginger look as good as I am sure they taste!
5. Hibiscus, Rose, and Lime cupcakes
These Hibiscus, Rose and Lime Cupcakes with Candied Violas from Felicia at the Starving Chef would look amazing on a cake stand.
6. Bacon and Asparagus Tarts
For something more savory these Bacon Asparagus Tarts from Thrifty Jinxy look amazing. But still small enough for Afternoon Tea.
7. Strawberry coconut Thumbprint cookies
8.Easy Dairy Free Gluten Free Strawberry Scones
This dairy free, gluten free strawberry scone from the Fearless Dining is loaded with fresh strawberries. This simple scone recipe is easy to make. And she has included a recipe tutorial video for you so you can follow along to make your own strawberry scones.
9.Mini Salmon Cakes with Sriracha Lemon Aioli
Another tasty looking recipe with a fantastic video. These taste Salmon Cakes with Sriracha Lemon Aioli from Holly over at Taste and See sounds delicious and salmon is so good for Afternoon Tea.
10. MOTHER’S DAY PARTY IDEAS
I hope you have a wonderful day with your Mum or your Stepmom , your friend who is now a Mum or any women that means something in your life.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>