Well, Paddy’s week is finally here, and we are Meal planning on Paddy’s week. The truth is I will most probably be out and about on Paddy’s day. Or I will be in my garden getting my seedlings potted up. So dinner on that day better be quick and easy!
So here is this week’s Meal Planning on Paddy’s Week Menu
Home- made burgers are not hard to make and you can even make these gorgeous homemade burger buns if you like
Speedy Hamburger buns
- 1 Cup and 2tbsp warm water.
- 1/3 Cup sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 Cup bread flour (seems to work better but plain flour will also work)
- Egg for washing
- Sesame seeds ( optional
The How to Bit
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
- In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg, and flour.Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes)
- Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes /15 minutes. Wash with the egg wash and sprinkle on sesame seed if you like them.
- Place into the oven and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden
Serve with Homemade wedges and you have a gorgeous meal.
I have some stir-fry vegetable mix and pork so I am making this Quick and Easy Pork stir-fry with Cashew Nuts. It is Tasty and easy and great served with Wholemeal Egg noddles.
As usual, it is errand day for me and we will be having Pizza. I can highly recommend Lidl’s Gluten-free Pizza. It is very tasty and great if you have someone avoiding gluten.
No, it is not St Patrick’s day but this Beef and Guinness Stew is a great slow-cooker recipe for anytime. And Beef is on special offer in Aldi this week for €3.00. Shopping Specials save you Money.
Friday – St Patrick’s day
Time to get you Green on and party! Although I can tell you that parades in countryside Ireland usually involve a lot of tractors and the local GAA clubs and Scouts. I have spent many a cold St Patrick’s day chaperoning little ones in the parade. Whatever you are doing I hope you have a great time and this Bacon and Chorizo Gratin- Irish Dish Update is a quick and easy meal!
Saturday will be another busy day and I will want another quick dish to get me out of a hole. What We Eat ; Carbonara is perfect for a quick and filling meal and you can make it low-fat by using low-fat ingredients!
Roast chickens are on offer in lots of Supermarkets this week, so I will be serving that for dinner. And for dessert I will be serving these incredible Strawberry Cupcakes . Perfect for Mother’s day afternoon tea !!
For those starting the journey in Menu Planning, I have a brand new Beginners guide to Menu planning with all you need to get started if you sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets newsletter which goes out each week with Exclusive recipes. Printables and hints and tips