4 weeks to an Organized Christmas – Week 1
I know it is still November and Happy Thanksgiving to those in the USA. I also know there is actually one month Christmas or the Holidays or whatever you call this mad time of year.
[bctt tweet=”Christmas need not be chaos – my 4-week guide to an organized Christmas will help you through” username=””]
But if like me, you like to enjoy the run-up to Christmas, hopefully, this 4-week Countdown to an Organized Christmas week 1 will help you get there in one piece and without losing your patience or your marbles.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO ON WEEK 1 OF CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN
Starting from the 25th of November I will be full steam ahead on the run down to Christmas and here is what I suggest you get organized during the First week of our Organized Christmas Countdown.
Write a List and check it twice
I am a big believer in lists, even Santa likes to write one and check it twice, so you know it is a good idea.
I have a Christmas planner I bought a few years ago. But if you haven’t got one I have made up some printables for you to download just print them out and pop them into a file and so you can get organized too.
- If you need a Christmas Card list, you can download My Free Printable card list HERE . If you already have a Card list, like me, you just need to update any new addresses and add any new people. Pick up Stamps at the post office this week.
- Next, I suggest a Present List – which is downloadable HERE .Hopefully, you know who you are buying for this year. If you make a list and include a budget with it, it will really help you stick to it and not go mad, as we are all guilty of sometimes.
- Also if you can make the kids start their Santa suggestions now as it can be hard for Santa to get certain presents at the last minute. I have made you a Printable Santa letter you could print out.
- Be sure to write early. In your letter clearly, write your (child’s) name and address. Post your letter to: Santa Claus, North Pole (using a 100 euro stamp). Santa’s helpers in An Post will make sure you receive a personal reply from the great man himself, just before Christmas.
- Alternatively and much more cheaply you can post it into the Christmas post boxes now in Lidl and they provide a Printed Santa Letter for you too.
- Last but not least start a Food and Drink list – plan your meal now and write down what you will need and which Supermarket will be best to get it from. That way if there is a special offer on during the run-up to Christmas you could pick up what you need and save some money.
Organized Christmas finances
Christmas can cost a lot and it helps if we know how much money we have to play with. If you need to tighten the belts for a few weeks or need to tap into your savings. Or if you need to pop into the Credit Union for a loan, it is better to do it now than panic closer to the date. Make a budget and stick to it.
I have a great Christmas Gift Budget sheet for you HERE
Christmas is about fun and family and love not how much debt you can get into !!
Find out the last posting dates from your country
This is vital if like many of us in Ireland, you have family abroad.
Did you know that the last date to send cards to Australia, New Zealand from Ireland is December 7th? That is not long to get presents sorted to send. You can find out all the dates from Ireland
Get your Christmas Pictures Taken.
If you want to send pictures with your cards or make them into cards, you better to get that organized this week. Even if, like me, you just grab the Santa hats and pop the kids on a chair and snap away!
But if you need professional help or to get people together no point waiting – get it organized now.
Start buying stocking fillers this week
That is if you do stocking in your house. If not, start picking up those small presents that you need for Christmas swaps or Work Secret Santa’s.
This week start stocking up on the Christmas food and drink supplies if you can.
At this stage of Christmas Organising, I would get things for the freezer or the store cupboard. I suggest having a good clear out of the freezer first, so eat out of the freezer this week to make space. For the store cupboard this week I am getting baking supplies for Christmas baking.
Find or buy your advent calendar
Advent Calendars add to the excitement of Christmas, especially if you have children. My girls are grown up and there would be hell to pay if they weren’t up on the first of December.
If like our Advent Calendar your calendar need’s to be filled, get supplies for this.
Start the Christmas Cleanup
Want your house spruced up for Christmas, this is the week to get that organized. I know this is a popular practice in Ireland.
- If you want to hire someone to clean the carpets, this would be the week to get that booked
Plan on doing it yourself? Make sure you have supplies to do it or buy them this week.
Finalize Family Holiday visiting plans
This is the week to nail down what everyone is doing. Whether you are visiting family or they are coming to you or you are running away to Hawaii. This is the week to get everyone in agreement.
I have also made a printable of the week one list so you can tick them off as you go. Your printable is available HERE.
We will be doing a new list every weekend so you can countdown to Christmas with confidence. And hopefully without breaking the bank. If you are looking for more ideas for Christmas you can follow my Pinterest boards Christmas Food and Christmas ideas.
You can find lots of tasty Holiday Recipes here to add to your collection
From left to right
- Tasty Vegan Chocolate Christmas Cookies
- The Best Mince pie recipe for Christmas?
- Strawberry Prosecco Trifle with Chocolate stars
If you enjoy this post why not sign up for the complete Organized Christmas Guide now and get ahead in your Countdown to the Holidays
This image is Pinnable please feel free to share ===>