About Me !
Well, I suppose I should tell you a bit about the woman behind the Snapshot and Snippets. Hello! my name is Amber-Jane and I am a Part Time Working Mum to two girls who are now nearly grown into women.
I am the keeper to the large number of animals that frequent our small home, mainly because of my total inability to say NO to two pairs of pleading eyes when they are in front of me.
The current zoo consists of 4 Chickens – Doris, Gertie, Tikka and Fajita, 3 cats – Meg, Mixie and Jinx, 2 dogs – Mishka and Skoda and a Rabbit – Cookie ! It is a crazy house.
I love to cook, I love to have things organised in fact my kids would say I am crazy about it. I love to craft and I love to potter in the garden and grow my own organic vegetables.
A few Random Facts About me
- I came to Ireland the long way around. I was born in Australia in the 70’s to an Irish Mum and an English Dad.Yes that little munchkin is me a couple of hours old.
- Our Family moved to England in the 70’s. We Ireland at the turn of the 90’s, let’s just say we move around !
- My accent is strange, it changed very time we moved and it also very much depends on who I talk to on the phone. My Nana in Manchester apparently sends my accent right back to pure Mancunian.
- I have worked as a Knitwear Designer, in a Stained Glass studio. I was Designer for Creativity Life Magazine and a Scrapbook Teacher and an Art Teacher. Currently, I work in a PR office as the Social Media Specialist.
- I love Italian food and Indian food- heck I like most food.But I work on staying healthy and have lost three stone in the past year through eating less and moving more. So a lot of my recipes will be the ” healthy as possible” version. I cook a lot from scratch and love to bake every week.
- I only drink green tea these days – no coffee for me.
- We are living on a tight budget, like lots of people in Ireland. So I make every cent count. Frugal is my middle name and if I can make something or grow something myself I will.
- I come from a large,lovable, if slightly mad, family who have taught me my love for cooking and life.
- Oh! I am mildly dyslexic – have been since I was little. So if my grammar is a bit off or there is a word I have missed – forgive me. I do try and proofread as much as possible but I know I miss things occasionally.
So that’s me kind of in a nutshell.
Hope you enjoy the Blog 🙂 Amber xxx
Grab my button – Here
You can contact me here – email@example.com
Places I have been Featured
My website may contain affiliate marketing links. Which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. Our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.