About Me! Hello, I am Amber.
Well, I suppose I should tell you a bit about the woman behind the Snapshot and Snippets. Hello! my name is Amber-Jane and I am a part-time working mommy to two girls who are now nearly grown into women. I have suffered from depression most of my life. But now with medication and therapy and loving support, I live a happy, organized life in my organic garden and my country kitchen.
Why did I start Snapshot and Snippets?
I started blogging back in 2005 when I was a scrapbooker. I worked for Creative Life Magazine in England and they asked each designer to start a blog. So with no real purpose, I started writing away on Blogger. Without a clue, I might add, of how to write, how to use HTLM or what an Instagram was !!
It fizzled as most blogs with no purpose do, but the name stuck. In 2014 I came back with new purpose I wanted to teach gardening, share recipes, help people get organized and have a happy life. I learned to design, got an Instagram and started writing and that is the Snapshot and Snippets you see today.
Why do you say you live in a mini zoo?
We are the keepers to the large number of animals that frequent our small home, mainly because of my total inability to say NO to two pairs of pleading eyes when they are in front of me.
The current zoo consists of 2 cats – Meg and Indy, 2 dogs – Mishka and Skoda, a Rabbit Cookie, a Guinea Pig Bambi and a Hamster called Fez. It is a crazy house. This is just a few of the many pets we have had over the last few years !!
A few Random Facts About Me
- We came to Ireland the long way around. I was born in Australia in the 70’s to an Irish Mum and an English Dad.Yes, that little munchkin is me a couple of hours old.
- Our family moved to England in the 70’s. We moved Ireland at the turn of the 90’s. It is a family joke that we move countries, not houses!
- My accent is strange, it changed every time we moved country and it also very much depends on who I talk to on the phone.
- Places I have worked include being a knitwear designer, in a stained glass studio. I was a designer for Creativity Life Magazine and a scrapbook teacher and an art teacher. Currently, I work in a PR office as the social media specialist.
- I love Italian food and Indian food- heck I like most food. But I work on staying healthy and have lost three stone in the past year through eating less and moving more. So a lot of my recipes will be the ” healthy as possible” buy doxycycline china version. I cook a lot from scratch and love to bake every week.
- The only thing I drink is green tea these days – no coffee for me.
- We are living on a tight budget, like lots of people in Ireland. So I make every cent count. Frugal is my middle name and if I can make something or grow something myself I will.
- I come from a large, lovable, slightly mad family who has taught me my love for cooking and life.
- Oh! I am mildly dyslexic -I was diagnosed at seven. So if my grammar is a bit off or there is a word I have missed – forgive me. I do try and proofread as much as possible but I know I miss things occasionally.
So that’s me in a nutshell.
Hope you enjoy Snapshots and Snippets you can find more about the website on my new Home page 🙂 Amber xxx
You can follow my board on Pinterest here
You can contact me here – email@example.com
Places I have been Featured