I have been having more adventures in my kitchen , I do love to try things out and when I saw these babies on Pinterest there was no stopping me. So this is how I ended up making my own Apple Tart Roses
I will take you through them step by step – they are fairly simple to make but look so fancy when they are finished.
So impress your family with them, heck impress your friends and your neighbours too.
APPLE TART ROSES RECIPE
- One Roll of frozen puff pastry – Defrosted of course.
- Apples- I used 5 small Pink Ladies
- 2tsp Cinnamon
- 5 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice and lemon zest
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp sugar
The How To Bit
1. Core the Apples but do not peel them, quarter them and then slice them into thin slices.
2. Place them into a pot with the lemon juice, lemon zest ,water and 2tbsp of sugar and cook until soft but not mushy. Drain and dry on paper towel.
3. Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees c.
4. Roll out your pastry onto greaseproof paper cut into slices about an inch think and cover in a mix of cinnamon and brown sugar.
5.Then place the slices along the strips of pastry have them slightly overlapping and with the skin running along the top as in the picture above – then roll up the strip until it resembles a rose
6.Place on a baking sheet and brush with egg wash or milk wash – place in the oven for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
You can add icing sugar to decorate and then server with cream or custard.
If you fancy something a little different but equally pretty – try peach slices – no need to cook them as they are already soft but slice them thin. And you could try honey or peach conserve on the pastry instead of sugar and cinnamon. Which is what we did and they were so darn tasty 🙂
For More tasty Apple Recipes you can check out these posts
- Fantastic apple and custard brioche bake
- Apple and Hazelnut Muffins
- Easy Apple and Plum Pastry Slice.
- 3 Easy Apple Recipes
You can find more of my recipes on my Start Here page which has links to all my posts. Or sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter where you will find exclusive printables , hint and tips and recipes and access to my latest free recipe Ebook.