How to create your own Autumn styled reusable shopping bag
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
Dear readers, I haven’t offered anything crafty in a while because I am working on my crochet blanket most nights and I am loving how it is coming together but I felt you were being a little short-changed.
So I put my thinking cap on and an idea struck me when I realize that much as I love my Summer Hot air balloon bag , it wasn’t really suitable for the change of season. I love Autumn and the changing of the leaves so I used leaves as my design. And this is so simple as sewing craft a beginner could do it.
So I picked up another linen bag at Aldi for 79c ( yes that is all it costs folks ) and set to work.
Materials needed for your Autumn Styled bag
- 1 linen shopping bag
- Brown felt
- brown wool or thread
- 3 ribbons of your choosing
- needle and thread
- Leaf Template – Link here
The How to Bit
- Print out your template place it on your felt and pin it and cut out 3 leaves
2. Measure your ribbon to size and cut and pin to the bag with the leaves where you would like them to be.
3. To sew the leaves on I used brown wool for a chunky effect and chain stitch. You can attach them with iron-on binding if you prefer not to sew. But the sewing gives them more texture and holds them down better.
4. Using a needle and thread sew on your ribbons.
Quick and easy update of your plain bag for Autumn/Fall. I plan on making one for every season now.
Feel Free to Pin this ->