I know it is that time of year when we are looking for healthy food ideas but still comforting meals and this one fits the bill. Made with low-fat cheese this Bacon and Chorizo and Spinach Easy Cheesy Pasta is quick to pull together, filling, comfort food to the max and a huge hit in this house.
Ingredients for Easy Cheesy Pasta (feeds 4)
- 4 Slices of Smoked bacon with fat trimmed off and chopped small
- 1/2 Chorizo chopped small
- 1/2 bag of baby leaf spinach
- One Onion finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 handfuls of low-fat grated cheddar
- one tbsp flour
- A cup of low-fat milk
- 1 tsp of basil fresh or dried
- Olive Oil
- Wholemeal Pasta enough for 4
The How to Bit
- Put the pasta in a pot of boiling water to cook usually takes 10-15 minutes
- In a skillet put the olive oil, bacon and chorizo and chopped onion, cook through.
- Add the basil, garlic, and spinach into the pan and wilt the spinach.
- Add the tbsp spoon of flour – trust me I know it is odd but it works, and then quickly mix in the milk and the cheese mix it all up in the pan and it makes an amazing cheesy sauce.
- Take the cooked pasta and mix with your cheesy bacon and chorizo sauce and place in a dish to serve I usually pop a bit of grated cheese on top and pop under the grill to finish.
My daughter’s and I loved this Easy Cheesy Pasta, it was so tasty and felt like comfort food without the heavy cream or fat. Also, you can have this on the table in less that twenty minutes and you can change up the ingredients if you have one that hates spinach, try mushrooms or chopped cherry tomatoes.
If you are look for more pasta recipes you can try
- Quick and Easy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
- Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- Chorizo and Garden Vegetable Pasta
- Easy low fat Carbonara
If you are looking for other types of recipes you can head over to my Start Here and there is a link to all my recipes. Or you can always sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets newsletter for access to my brand new Ebook of recipes for free
SAVE THIS IMAGE FOR LATER====>