This pumpkin recipe I make every year when we carve the pumpkins for Halloween and as that time is around the corner I wanted to share it with you. This is a Vegan Friendly recipes - I actually decided to eat a more plant based diet in January and I want to have more recipes which are inclusive for all.
Vegan - Friendly Pumpkin Soup
The How to Bit
- Put the chopped Onion into a pan with the Olive oil and sweat the onions until translucent and soft.
- Add the pumpkin and the Gram Masala (curry paste will do too) and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and then turn down and simmer for 20 minute or until the pumpkin is soft.
- To make it creamier add the Alpro soy yogurt and stir in five minutes before serving.
- Serve with thick crusty bread and it warm curry flavour will take the chill off any October day.