Try these amazing Blueberry or Apple crumble Muffins both are delicious.
I love having a supply of muffins in the house, they are so handy for when guests call in. Last week when the weather wasn’t as hot as it is now I made up a batch of these crumble muffins in Blueberry and Apple varieties.
Apple /Blueberry Crumble Muffins
To Makes 12 Muffins
- 75ml of Sunflower oil
- 200ml of natural low fat yoghurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large free range eggs
- 150g of caster sugar
- 250g of self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 250g of peeled and diced cooking apple (Approx 1 large cooking apple) or try my slowcooker Apple sauce.
- 250g of Blueberries
For the crumble topping:
- vanilla sugar (or substitute with caster sugar) 75g
- plain flour 75g
- 75g of butter
The How to bit
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C. Line a muffin/cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Measure the oil and yoghurt in a jug and then stir through the lemon zest and set aside.
- To make the crumble mix add the flour, butter, sugar cinnamon in a bowl rub with fingers until crumb-like in texture.
- In a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy, you can do by hand if you prefer.
- Add in the oil,yoghurt and lemon zest and whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in the flour and cinnamon until just combined. Fold through 3/4 of the apple or the blueberries until combined. Be sure not to over mix the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, top with the remaining apple and cover with the crumble topping.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack to cook for 20 minutes until brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
For More tasty Muffin recipes try these links below
If you are looking for more of my recipes or any other of my posts try my Start Here page to guide you around. Or sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter for exclusive access to my new Recipe E book – check out the sidebar for the link
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>