Last week was my gorgeous nephew Ryan’s first birthday, I can’t believe how quickly it has flow and how big he is getting and I wanted to make something for his room. I thought an Elephant Picture canvas would be a great idea and picked the colors from his decor.
I mean seriously how cute is that kid ? Also I have yet to meet a kid yet that doesn’t like elephants so I went with that out-line.
I have made a printable Elephant Picture template if you would like to make your own version.
- A canvas we used a 6 x 6
- Patterned papers in the colours you prefer
- 4 Buttons and embroidery thread
- pva glue
- Material scraps for your cloud
- letter stickers if you wish to add a name
- Brad or button for the eye.
The How to Bit
- Print out the Elephant template and cut out an elephant and an ear out of patterned paper
- Use the cloud template to cut a cloud out of material – you can use any type you prefer
- Glue your elephant down and add the ear and the eye.
- Edge the cloud with a simple running stitch in embroidery thread and glue in place.
- To add the buttons, attach the embroidery thread by lacing through the buttons and gluing, I threaded the ends through a small button with I placed on the end of the trunk.
- Add the letters for the name and you are done.
A quick and easy way to brighten up any little person’s room.
You can find more crafts projects to try below
If you enjoyed this post please feel free to share with Family and Friends. You can find more crafts at Snapshot and Snippets as well as Family friendly recipes.