As you know I love strawberry season and the strawberries just keep coming and the days have been getting warmer – I love it when we get a proper summer in Ireland. What better way to cool down in this gorgeous sunshine than with strawberry ice-cream and what nicer ice-cream than strawberry, which is my favourite.
And if you want to make it a truly decadent dessert add some Strawberry and Chocolate Fritters and your family will love you.
Home-made Strawberry Ice-cream
- 1 carton of double cream
- 1 tin of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar or honey ( honey will alter the flavour slightly but is more natural )
- Strawberries I used a small cartons worth I would say.
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
The How to Bit
- Chop up your strawberries.
- Whip up your double cream until it is in soft peaks then slowly add your evaporated milk and vanilla essence
- Add your sugar and 3/4 of your strawberries and whip until it turns light pink – if you want it pinker you could add food colouring but I was trying to keep it natural as possible.
- Finally stir in the remaining 1/4 of your strawberries and mix through so you have strawberry chucks through your ice-cream.
- Place in a freezer container and put in the freezer.
- After a couple of hours remove and mix again if you are worried about ice-crystals but this made a very smooth, creamy Ice-cream for me.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy as my Dad is fond of saying 🙂
Strawberry and Chocolate Fritters
Chocolate chips of your choice – I used dark because I love it but others would work
Vegetable or sunflower oil to fry
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour or plain
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
The How to Bit
- Hull your strawberries so you leave a hole in the middle. I used a straw to hull mine.
- Fill the hole with your chocolate of choice.
- Heat a pan of Sunflower oil
- Roll the strawberries in the batter and drop them carefully into the hot oil frying until golden brown.
- Serve with ice-cream.
Looking for More Strawberry recipes?
- Easy Strawberry and Cream Pie
- Strawberry Meringues recipe
- Strawberry Prosecco Trifle with Chocolate stars
- Almond Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Want to learn how to grow your own strawberries?
I have a great post called 10 tips for Great Strawberries
I hope you enjoy these recipes they are a total indulgence on my part and under that list of “TREATS” 🙂 You can also sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter and get access to my most recent recipe Ebook
You can also sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter and get access to my most recent FREE Recipe Ebook
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE =====>