Hello my Lovelies, there is no ‘I am Pinnable party’ this week due to unforeseen circumstances. So to fill the void I thought I would share with you how to make those Long Images Pinterest Loves.
This post may contain affiliate links
Pinterest is the largest visual search engine in the world and needless to say to get your pin seen on such a busy platform the image is EVERYTHING.
The best way to achieve is with lovely long images and there is an easy way to make them for FREE no less.Making Long Images Pinterest loves is Easy and Free with Canva - a step by step guide Click To Tweet
How to Make those long images Pinterest loves
- First Join Canva – https://www.canva.com/ – it is totally free for private users and a doodle to use. I love Canva and I use it daily.
2. Once you are signed in click on that lovely blue Create a design button and you will get all sorts of size options to choose from.
3. The best size for long images is infographic – there is a Pinterest size too but for food images especially longer is better.
4.Once you have infographic open it is time to upload your images that you want to use for your post
5. Don’t have good images or no images never fear Canva now has a ton of Royalty free images you can use and you can always find free images online – I find Pexels very good
6. Open your images and you can easily resize them to fit into your pin . I usually use 2 images one for the top and one for the bottom
7.Play around with you images until you are happy you can add as many as you like . Canva even has a handy grid feature to help you place them.
8. Add you text – give you pin a title and don’t forget to add your website !!
9. Once you are happy with your design name it and download it to use on your blog !!
What to do with your Long Image Pinterest loves when you have made it
Once you have your lovely Pinterest Image you can upload it to your blog posts. Some people add them to the end of posts or you can hide them on your blog post with a simple bit of coding. You upload the image as normal but change over to HTML and find the code for the long image and wrap it in the code below. And like that it will be hidden !!
Just wrap the graphic in the following div tag:
<div style="display: none;">ADD YOUR IMAGE URL RIGHT HERE</div>
Just make sure you have social share buttons like those from Sumome. So that when people click to pin your long image should be an option they can pick.
Once you have your images you need to get them shared. You can do this by joining us on I am Pinnable where we will share them for you. Or join the likes of Tailwind which you can join for free to try out. You can join tribes on tailwind where you can share your posts. Just click the banner below !!
I hope this post helps you start making wonderful Long images Pinterest loves for your blog.
For more Blogging Posts you can check out my posts here
- Blogs need organizing too? Weekly Blog Post Organiser
- 5 Tricks for Filming a Professional-looking DIY Craft Videos
Remember you can join us on Wednesdays for our I am Pinnable Party !!
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE=====>