My youngest daughter loves cheesecake – so do I. But I also like to eat as healthily as possible which is why Quark is so handy, it is a very low fat soft cheese perfect for making this luscious Low Fat Chocolate Cheesecake. Trust me it tastes full fat and will satisfy the hungry dieter.
Low Fat Chocolate Cheesecake
- 80g digestive biscuits
- 50g melted butter
- 200g light soft cheese
- 500g Quark
- 200g icing sugar
- One large bar of chocolate or bag of chocolate chips – I used dark as that is my preference.
- 2 sheets of gelatin – optional
The How to Bit
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter. Press into the base of a 20cm springform tin. Chill tofirm.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bowl over hot water.
- Whisk the light soft cheese with the quark and icing sugar.
- If you want a firmer cheesecake – soften the gelatin in a small amount of water and then add to the chocolate as it melts and stir in well to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the into the Quark mix stir through thoroughly and then spoon onto the biscuit base.
- Place in the Fridge and chill until set.
- Serve with a simple summer fruit compote made from frozen fruits and brown sugar and honey and a dusting of icing sugar.
Want an easy strawberry or lemon quark cheesecake? Leave out the chocolate and change the gelatin sheets for favoured jelly made with only a quarter of the water.
This dish also freezes well – cut into portions and save in the freezer to pull out for dessert when guests visit.
If you Liked this Low-fat recipe here are a few more to tempt you
- Tasty but Low-Calorie Slow-cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Vegan Butternut Squash and Spinach Korma with Quorn
- Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- Vegan Matcha Green Tea Ice-cream