Well, I made these little bunnies over the weekend. I had seen many stuffed bunnies around the internet and wanted to do something slightly different with mine.
At Christmas time I made these “Hand-warmers” for stocking filler gifts, I filled them with rice and peppermint essential oils.
So I though what if I fill my Bedtime bunny with rice but this time add lavender essential oils but how does this make them naughty? Well I gave them to my youngest daughter’s friends who were having a sleep over, usually I am wearily asking them to be quiet at stupid o’clock in the morning but the lavender in the bunnies has them all dreaming sweet dreams before midnight – insert evil cackle here – they couldn’t understand why they were so tired…Rubs hands together in glee.
I have designed a template for you to make your own Bedtime Bunny – printable available HERE.
Materials Needed for Bedtime Bunny Lavender Pillows –
These links are affiliate links to material you will need to make these bunnies
- Printable pattern – above
- Fleece Material ( you can use other materials but this is the nicest)
- Needle and Thread
- Rice (any type will do )
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Pom-pom for the tail.
- Ribbon for decoration.
THE HOW TO BIT
1. Cut out your Bunny from the pattern and pin to two pieces of your fleece material ( as Above ) and cut out two sides.
2. Into your rice put several drops of lavender oil and shake.
3. Sew your bunny together leaving a small gap to fill with the rice near the tail.
4. Fill with the rice.
5. Sew up the hole and place the pom-pom tail at the same time.
6. Sew on any decorations.
To warm your Bunny place in a microwave on medium for ten seconds or until just warm.
WARNING – do not use anything Metal to decorate your bunny, also if you use buttons to decorate be aware that they might get hot in the microwave.
Also, may cause drowsiness in children and teenagers, which is less of a warning and more of a great recommendation in my books.
If anyone wants patterns for the hand-warmers drop me a line and I can do that.
For more sewing posts you can try these post here
- Making Pillows Pretty with Ribbons and Buttons
- How to make a Coiled Wool Bowl
- How to decorate your reusable linen shopping bag
- Make your own crochet hook/ Makeup brush case
You can check out my Start here page to find your way around my site and find more crafty ideas. Or sign up for the Snapshot and Snippet newsletter and you will not only get exclusive recipes and crafts but you will get my Free Recipe Ebook.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE====>