Are you starting the New year with a New Plan? Is Meal Planning in the New year part of your plan ? Well I am here to help you, I am a huge advocate for Meal planning as a way of life. I believe it saves money and saves you time and makes things run smoother and who doesn’t want that in their life ?
How do I start Meal Planning in the New Year ?
I have a detailed post in how to start Menu Planning available for you to read. But I will give you a quick run down here on the process.
- First step – write a list of your families favourite dishes and dishes you would like to try.
- Check you fridge and Freezer and use my Freezer inventory to list what you do have.
- Check your Store cupboards I have a new printable for that too – HERE
- Print out your free Snapshot and Snippets Meal Plannner
- Go through your family favourite lists and your Freezer inventory and cupboard list. And write in any meals you can make on your list
- Then see what you have part ingredients for and write what you need to buy on a Shopping List
- Check the Food Specials in your local supermarket and see what meals you could make with them
- Fill in your Menu Plan for the week and bring your Shopping list to the shops ( yes even I forget )
Doing this might seem time consuming at first but it becomes second nature after a while and you will know what you have in the fridge, cupboards and what meals work.
So this is my Meal Plan for the New Year
Bacon and Beef Casserole with Mash and steamed Green Beans. I made this in the slowcooker today ( the smell was amazing ) It was a throw it together recipe by me which I will write down in case anyone wants it. It was tasty and filling, nice when the temperature drops.
Lidl have a special on Pork pieces this week so we will be having Sweet and Sourish Pork. A new Lidl buy doxycycline europe opening in town so we are trying food from there to see if it is nice- so far so good. My Christmas food came from there and I can tell you it was gorgeous.
I will be having mine with Wholemeal rice as I am being healthy in the New Year. If I can find Wholemeal noodles I might try them.
Pizza Night for the girls. Steamed Prawns and Spinach with Wholemeal rice and Raspberry vinegar for me thanks to my new microwave steamer. Does anyone want this recipe ?
This Low fat Beef Stroganoff is warming and without the fat, spot the health kick I am on ! It is also another slowcooker recipe and if you know me you know I love my slow-cooker recipes.
Seafood specials are on this week in Lidl too and I am going to be making Fantastic Fish Pie . Fish is a great and I am going to try and get more of it into our diets.
I am going to make a Veggie Chilli in the slowcooker – just don’t tell my family I have Quorn mince ! What they don’t know doesn’t hurt them.
I will be having the usual Roast with Veg and I am going to make this amazing Macha Green tea coconut non-dairy ice-cream which I will share the recipe for on Friday.
I am starting a healthy eating series with Friday with Healthly recipes to help you find a new you in the New Year.
For more meal planning ideas check out I am an Organizing Junkie’s menu Planning link up . Or Sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets Newletter to keep up to date with Menu planning and for helpful hints and tips
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE ======>