Happy Monday I am a little late today but I was moving furniture around and making my daughter’s bedroom a bit more functional for a teenage I am quite impressed with how much we manage to get done. But back to Menu Planning Monday and this week is all about comfort food and old favourites and a couple of new recipes.
Below is our menu for this week remember there is a PRINTABLE available if you wish to print out your own and have a go.
And if you are looking for loads of ideas there are so many menus linked up over at I’m an Organizing Junkie
Menu Planning Mondays Menu
One Pot Chicken Pasta – we have leftover chicken from a roast yesterday and pasta in the cupboards I am hopefully sharing this recipe with you later in the week so keep a look out for it.
I found this gorgeous looking recipe for Parmesan Crusted Pork chops over at Creations by Kara I can not wait to try it I will try anything to make pork chops less bland. I will serve it with mash potatoes and veggies.
Bacon and Chorizo Gratin which is an old favourite.Last year I did it for St Patrick’s Day but I can’t wait until March. Served with Cabbage or wilted spinach and it is such a comfort food.
I am a Huge fan of the Six Sisters site – you have to check them out they have so many great recipes and they do menu planning too. I found this amazing looking recipe for Mongolian Beef – now I have never been to P.F. Chang’s but this looks amazing if you ask me – go give the girls some love they deserve it.
Friday and Saturday
Pizza Night and Leftovers night – We do love making our own pizzas and leftovers night has been working well – finally mine are eating leftovers which they never would before and it means Saturday is free with no pressure for me to think of a meal. Pizza purchase valtrex online dough recipe HERE
Not sure what kind of roast yet I want to check out the specials this week first but I am definitely making Shelia’s Pudding it is a recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver’s book “The Return of the Naked Chef” and my lot absolutely love it.
Shelia’s Pudding Amber style
- Peaches ( we used tinned)
- 4 heaped teaspoons demerara sugar
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- butter – 125gm / 4 1/2oz
- caster sugar 125gm / 4 1/2oz
- 2 large free-range eggs
- self-raising flour – 125gm / 4 1/2oz
The How to Bit
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
- Put the peaches in a saucepan with the sugar, the vanilla and 4 tablespoons of water. Simmer for 5 minutes and then place into a well greased and lightly floured ovenproof dish or bowl.
- Beat together the butter, caster sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Add the flour, mix thoroughly and spread over the peaches.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with hot custard or something cold, like vanilla ice-cream.
If you enjoyed this menu try some more Menu planning ideas
- How to start Menu Planning
- Menu Planning Monday Time
- Freezer Meals – when you are short on Space and Time
- Menu Planning Monday – free Menu Planner