Menu Planning Monday – saves Time and Money
Welcome back to Menu Planning Monday – which saves you time and Money with Recipes , Printables and Advice on Menu Planning.
Here is this week’s Menu At Snapshots and Snippets
Freezer Beef Goulash – I wrote this as a freezer meal but if you start from fresh reduce the cooking time to 6hrs on Low – 3 hrs on High. I love a slow cooker recipe if I am busy and I am busy on Monday.
Spicy Pork Casserole is perfect for an Autumn Day – yet another Slow-cooker recipe but thanks to my Slow-cooker liners that is not a problem.
Spicy Pork Casserole
- One Packet diced pork
- One Pepper -diced
- One Chopped and peeled onion
- 1/2 packet button mushrooms
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 pint of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1oz flour
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp Natural yoghurt ( optional) *
THE HOW TO BIT
1. Heat a dessert spoon of Olive oil in a pan and fry off the onions, pepper, and mushroom for 3-5 minutes until soft , transfer them to the slow cooker or a casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl add the Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper to the flour, and coat the pork in the flour mix.
3. Fry the pork in the frying pan you used for the veg for 5-10 minutes then add into the slow cooker or casserole dish.
4. Add in the tin of tomatoes and vegetable stock and cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours . In a casserole dish, you would put it in the oven on 160 C or 325 F or gas mark 3 for 1 1/2 hours.
*The natural yoghurt can be stirred in towards the end if you have one person that doesn’t like it overly spicy it tones it down and makes it creamy.
It is Pizza Night – I hope on a Wednesday so Pizza is my get out of Jail card. I do make Spicy Homemade Wedges and a Large Caesar Salad though
I love a good Chili recipe and a Vegetable Chilli is always good. I make mine with Meatless Mince which you can find in Aldi for €1.99.
This Fish Pie is not called Fantastic Fish Pie for no reason. It really is that good and a great way to get fish into fussy kids. I have found if you serve it with Baked Beans and they will love you for it.
I will be making a gorgeous Lamb Tikka Marsala. I will be sharing the recipe later this week so tune in on Friday for that!
Roast Dinner as usually and as always depending what is on sale to keep the cost down. Aldi are doing Spatch-cock Chicken this week on Special and they are tasty. For dessert another Aldi Special this week inspired it. Limes are down to 39c so I am going to attempt a Key Lime Pie.
I hope you liked this weeks Menu. Pop back every Monday for more Ideas and recipes to save you Money. Or sign up for my newsletter for access to my Recipe Library which I am constantly adding too. Also If you would like to see more Menu ideas link to the Menu Planning Monday Link up at I am an Organizing Junkie every Monday.