Happy Mother’s day to all today I am sharing with you a Strawberry cupcake recipe perfect for afternoon tea with your Mom.
Below made this layout below years ago for a Magazine assignment back in my scrapbooking days – it was featured in Creative Living
It contains all the Mothers in my daughter’s past – so my Mum and me, the girls other Granny and her Mum. My Granny or My Mam’s mam and My Nana, my Dad’s Mum and thankfully still going strong at nearly 96. And finally Myself and my gorgeous girls who made me a Mum.
So many Mum’s that made us the women we are today, I am thankful to them all for the things they taught me and still teach me daily and the way they make me strive to be a better Mum.
My love of baking comes from her she used to make the most amazing scones with cream and jam on a Sunday, she made my incredible three-tiered, three types of chocolate wedding cake. And then every family wedding cake after, it was THAT good.
Yields 12 cupcakes
3 tbsp strawberry jam or 1/2 cup of mashed strawberries
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup of sugar
3 egg whites
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
4 drops pink food colouring
1/3 cup milk
The How to Bit
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second buy cheap avodart bowl, beat sugar and butter together until fluffy (about 3 minutes using a hand mixer). Add egg whites, vanilla, and food colouring and beat until well incorporated. Add flour mixture and milk, beating on low speed until mixed. Fold in strawberry jam.
- Fill cupcake liners in cupcake pan 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick, inserted into the center of the cupcake, comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for five minutes then remove the cupcakes onto a cooling rack and let cool for 45 minutes.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:
1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
red food colouring
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cream cheese.
The How to Bit
1.Mix together sugar and butter in a bowl with a hand mixer on low speed until well incorporated (about 3 minutes).
2.Add the vanilla extract and whipping cream and beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Mix in 1/3 cup seedless strawberry preserves or jam and 6 drops of red or pink food colouring.
3.Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Garnish with fresh whole strawberries and sprinkles if desired.
Printable recipe available HERE
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Or Apple Crumble Muffins
- Salted Caramel Irish Cream Muffins
- Apple and Hazelnut Muffins
If you want to check out more of the recipes my Mum taught me to check out my new recipe page. Or sign up for my Snapshot and snippets Newsletter and get your Free recipe Ebook
SAVE THIS IMAGE FOR LATER ===>