Rebecca’s Prawn Hoisin Stir Fry with Coconut Rice
- 1 bag of Prawns.
- 2 carrot – julienne finely
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- Sweet Pepper
- Savoy Cabbage or Pak Choi
- 1tsp of Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Hoisin
- 300g Rice (Becca used brown )
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Same amount of water or chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
The How To Bit
- Wash the rice well under cold running water to remove any excess starch and transfer to a saucepan which has a tight-fitting lid.
- Mix the coconut milk and stock together and pour it over the washed rice.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and bring the rice to boil on high heat.
- Once vigorously boiling, change to a low heat, cover with the lid and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the water level is the same as the top of the rice.
- At this point, turn the heat completely off and allow to rest for a further 10 minutes, keeping the lid on at all times. Use a wooden spoon to fluff up the rice before serving. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
For the Stir Fry – cook while the rice is resting.
1. Heat the oil a when hot add the spring onions, carrots, peppers, cabbage and mushrooms and stirfry for 10 minutes then add the prawns and garlic.
2. Mix the hoisin sauce with 2 tbsp of water and add the prawns and vegetables.
3. Cook for another 4 minutes until cooked through serve with the rice.
Becca is now going into her second year of college and I am not surprised that people want to share a house with her, as there are no pot noodles for this college student and she knows her way around a washing machine too. That’s my girl 🙂
For more recipe post that my daughter’s can make click here
- Easy Pork Sweet and Sour-ish Stir- Fry
- Scrumptious Triple Chocolate Cookie
- Quick and Easy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
For more tasty, family friendly recipes go to my Start here page for links to all my posts. Or sign up to my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter for access to more recipes, hints and tips and my latest recipe Ebook.
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE=====>