Quick and Easy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
Quick and Easy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Pasta – 49c for plain or 99c Wholemeal Aldi
- Onion- 69c a net, you will need 1 chopped Aldi
- 1 packet of Bacon rashers – €1.99 Aldi
- Mushrooms – 1 punnet 99c Aldi
- Cherry Tomatoes – 99c Aldi ( or free from my garden)
- Garlic – 49c Aldi
- Passata – 59c Aldi
- Oregano ( optional ) came from the garden.
I used a drop of olive oil in the pan. I buy my Olive Oil from my local greengrocers at 1.69 but Aldi does a large bottle for €3.69 I believe.
It works out at €1.55 a portion but truth is you would have enough to make dinner for 8 with all these ingredients so more like 80c a portion which is a bargain in my books.
THE HOW TO BIT
1. Put enough pasta for 4 into a pot of water and cook while you prepare your sauce.
2. In a skillet or big pan add a drop of olive oil and add about half the packet of bacon chopped into small pieces into the pan. Start to fry the bacon and add the chopped onion and cook until onion is soft and the bacon is nearly cooked through.
3. Add quartered cherry tomatoes and mushrooms and 2 cloves of crushed garlic to the pan and continue cooking about 10 minutes.
4. Add the Passata towards the end and stir through chopped oregano if you like.
5. Remove the cooked pasta from the pot and drain. Add the Bacon and mushroom sauce to the pasta and stir through.
Serve with a green salad or crusty bread for a really filling meal.
I hope you enjoyed this Easy Pasta Recipe check out some more Easy recipes below
- Effortlessly Easy and Tasty Tortellini
- Easy Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Puff-pastry Slice
- Bacon, Chorizo and Spinach Easy Cheesy Pasta
- Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
If you are looking for more recipes or a post on Meal Planning with recipe Ideas and Printables check out my Start Here Page. Or you can sign up for my Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter and receive a free copy of my latest Recipe Ebook.
PIN THIS TO SAVE THE RECIPE FOR LATER =====>