I love this time of year it is perfect Soup weather and my garden is providing lots of tasty veggies for soup. This week we harvested Leeks, Sweet Potatoes and Carrots so that is where Awesome Leek and Sweet potato Soup came from. Got to love soup straight from the Organic Kitchen Garden.
This recipe is why I grow my own veggies and Sweet Potatoes were a new addition to the garden this year. Tomorrow I will share with you how to grow Sweet Potatoes but today enjoy this Awesome Leek and Sweet potato Soup recipe.
Awesome Leek and Sweet potato Soup
- 1 large sweet potato or three small ones – peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks – chopped
- 4 chopped carrots
- 1 onion – diced
- A knob of butter
- 1-pint of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
The How to bit
- In your pot add the onion and the leek and saute them in the butter until they are lightly caramelised.
- Add in the carrot and the sweet potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes
- Make up a pint of vegetable stock and add to the vegetables
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer for 25 minutes
- When the vegetables are soft remove from the heat and blitz with a handheld blender
- Add salt and Pepper to taste
Serve with a tasty Home-made Bread.
This recipe will warm you up on a cold day and is perfect for vegetarians too. In fact, change the butter for olive oil and Vegans can eat it too.
I have made a video to go with this recipe I hope you enjoy and share it
If you enjoyed this tasty soup recipe try out these other soup recipes we have
- Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- Leek and Potato Soup and Homemade croutons
- 5 Fall Soups to warm you up
- Speedy Soup Rolls and Root Vegetable Soup
If you enjoyed this recipe you will get a whole book full of recipes if you sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets newsletter. Our newsletter goes out weekly and is filled with exclusive recipes, handy organic gardening hints and tips and how to clean organically.
This Image is Pinnable ====>