This tasty Cajun Pork Casserole as a mild kick to warm you up on those colder Autumn days. Serve with Mexican Rice or Mash Sweet Potatoes, which works perfectly with it. This is a great way to use up cheap pork chops, which are usually on special offer but you want something different than pork chops. Slow-cooking also works well which cheaper pieces of meat.
You can cook Cajun Pork Casserole in your Slow-cooker or a Casserole dish. I personally love it in the slow-cooker. I can pop it in before I head out to work and it will be done when I get home.
Cajun Pork Casserole
- One Packet diced pork or 4 pork chops diced
- One Pepper -diced
- One Chopped and peeled onion
- 1/2 packet button mushrooms
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 pint of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1oz flour
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp Natural yoghurt ( optional) *
THE HOW TO BIT
1. Heat a dessert spoon of Olive oil in a pan and fry off the onions, pepper, and mushroom for 3-5 minutes until soft, transfer them to the slow cooker or a casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl add the Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper to the flour, and coat the pork in the flour mix.
3. Fry the pork in the frying pan you used for the veg for 5-10 minutes then add into the slow cooker or casserole dish.
4. Add in the tin of tomatoes and vegetable stock and cook in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. In a casserole dish, you would put it in the oven on 160°C or 325°F or gas mark 3 for 1 1/2 hours.
*The natural yoghurt can be stirred in towards the end if you have one person that doesn’t like it overly spicy it tones it down and makes it creamy.
I hope you enjoy this tasty dish if you did you can find more taste warming Autumn dishes below
- Tummy Warming Beef or Veggie Casserole
- Irish Whiskey-Glazed Pork Chops and Colcannon
- Slow Cooker Beef Goulash
- Tasty but Low-Calorie Slow-cooker Beef Stroganoff
For more recipes from the Snapshot and Snippets Kitchen Garden check out the Recipes page . Or Sign up for the Snapshot and snippets Newsletter and get your Free copy of the Snapshot and Snippets Recipe book.
And please feel free to share this post ====>