Here you will find all my slow-cooker recipes. If you spend any time on Snapshot and Snippets you will see that we are big fans of the Slow-cooker. I adore mine ! And these are some of my favorite slow-cooker recipes.
Spaghetti Bolognese Slow cooker Recipe
- olive oil-1 tablespoon
- A medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt ( I use pink salt)
- dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon(or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 red wine (optional)
- 2 cans of whole peeled tomatoes
Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot, and cook until the onion is translucent and the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and the tomato paste, and once you can smell the garlic add the mince and cooking until it is just browned.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon salt along with the thyme, oregano, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the milk and bring it to a rapid simmer. Continue simmering until the milk has reduced completely and very little liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the wine, if you are adding it, reduced completely, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Open the cans of tomatoes and strain through a strainer, reserving the juices. Transfer the tomatoes to the slow cooker, and mash them.
- The mixture should have a thick, saucy consistency, add the reserved juices if it is too dry.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve the sauce over pasta with Parmesan sprinkled on top, or you can always use it in a Lasagne and it keeps well as leftovers too.
Beef Marsala Curry in the Slowcooker THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFLITATE LINKS My family are big fans of Indian food and this Marsala curry is always…
Beef and Guinness Stew and pie I may be a day early but the truth is tomorrow I will be celebrating with the rest of Ireland - so won't be…
Creamy Chicken White Wine Sauce with Crispy Bacon I was looking in my local Supermarket when I came across some little bottles of wine…
You know those days when you want an something effortlessly easy and tasty? Something the family will eat without complaint and you know is…
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta As I promised on Monday I am sharing with you the Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Dish. I designed especially for the…
I promised on Monday to share this tasty Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs in Ratatouille Sauce recipe with you and here it is at last I want to…
On Monday I declared my love for my Slowcooker and it wasn't a moment too soon because on Tuesday my husband accidentally broke the lid, it…
Beef Dopiaza How on earth is this a summer recipe ? I hear you ask, well it is dumped in the slow cooker, so no oven heating up the kitchen.…
I love my slow cooker , it is my savior on work days, my get out jail when I want to have fun. And this Beef Goulash recipe for the slow-cooker is…
I love Beef Stroganoff - especially when it can be thrown in a slow-cooker. And if I can make that creamy goodness lower in calories without losing…
Welcome to another installment from my Healthy/Vegan recipes series. Today's recipe is a Butternut Squash and Spinach Korma with Quorn and the recipe…
You can Follow my Slow-cooker Board on Pinterest Here