As it is nearing Christmas I am sharing these cute Snowman cookies.I had spotted a cookie making kit in my local supermarket but when I finally went to buy them they were all gone so I decided to make my own version – but hey if you are lucky you can pick up a Snowman Cookie set in your local Supervalu and save time if not, follow my instructions below.
- 300g butter, softened
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 140g cornflour
- Vanilla essence
- 200g white chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- mini M and M’s for buttons
- Writing icing ( optional )
The How to Bit
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Place the butter, vanilla, and sugar in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Tip in both the flours and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Cover the dough with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough to about 5 mm thick and either using a cutter or cut out using the downloadable template.
- Place on a non-stick order valtrex no prescription cookie tray and bake for 15- 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Leave cookies to cool on a wire rack and melt white chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- With the white chocolate spoon over the snowman covering everything but the hat area. Before the coating cools add the M and M buttons. Let cool.
- Melt the brown chocolate and dip the hat into the chocolate to cover. Using the milk chocolate and a toothpick or small piping bag or writing icing decorate your snowman or snowwoman
Kids will love decorating these and you can let them choose their colours. Or you could bag them with mini marshmallows and gift them to friends, that’s if there are any left they are very tasty.