Strawberry Meringues and the Family.
This post may have affiliate links which earns this blog money so thank you
This time of year in our family is birthday filled – as well as my two daughter’s birthdays, it is my niece’s and my sister in law’s birthday too !!
With one thing and another, we had not managed to celebrate as a group. so my brother arranged a leisurely lunch at his house on the weekend.I wanted to bring something and had to work with what was in the house, luckily due to experiments in waffle making last week we had lots of eggs. I love Strawberry meringues and I have a new mixer – it is no Kitchen Aid ( OH! The Cherry Red Kitchen Aid – I would sell my soul for one !!) but it isn’t too shabby in the mixing department.
4 eggs whites
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon of tartar
1 teaspoon of natural Strawberry extract or Strawberry Jelly powder.
Red Food colouring
Strawberry Jam for filling ( optional )
The how to bit
- Line two bake sheets with parchment and heat oven to 175 degrees F or 80 C ( low heat )
- Separate the egg whites into a mixer, add the cream of tartar, the strawberry flavouring and the food colouring and whisk until soft peaks.
- Slowly add the sugar until egg whites are stiff and glossy and form a peak when the whisk is removed.
- Put mixture into a piping bag with a big star nozzle attached and pipe small circle shapes about an inch apart on the the baking parchment.
- Bake in the oven for an hour and a half and switch the oven off and leave to cool. ( Do not do what I did and rush avodart 0.5 mg them because you had this bright idea on the late morning of the event 🙂 )
- Once cooled sandwich together with whatever you wish – I used strawberry jam but whipped cream with chopped strawberries in it would be perfect or you could dip them in melted chocolate.
Printable Recipe is available Here.
They were crispy on the outside, marshmallowy on the inside 🙂
A great afternoon was had by all, it is so nice to get together even though we are scattered around the country you can’t beat time with family.
If you are looking for more Party recipe ideas you can find those below
- Tasty Puff Pastry Party Nibbles
- Two Fantastic Birthday Cake Recipes
- Easy Halloween Party Food for Kids
- Homemade Strawberry Ice-cream and Strawberry Fritters
If you like my recipes and would like to see more of Snapshots and Snippets visit my Start Here page to help you find your way around.
Or you can sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter and you will receive my Latest recipe book and get weekly exclusive recipes and printables.
THIS IS PINNABLE =====>