Looking for a new thing to put a spring in your step? ( see what I did there!?) Why not try a Meal Planning Monday Spring Menu? Meal Planning saves you money and time and can help your reduce your waistline. If that doesn’t brighten your Spring and put a spring in your step – nothing will. I love Spring can you tell, nothing like flowers growing and birds singing and brighter days to lift your mood. And today is the first day of Spring or the Spring Equinox
[tweetthis]Meal Planning saves you money and time and can help you reduce your waistline this Spring![/tweetthis]
Meal Planning saves you money and time and can help you reduce your waistline.
So How are we saving money?
- By Planning and Shopping Supermarket special.
- By only buying what we need
- Because we are not panic shopping or ringing the takeaway!
How are we saving Time?
- By having a plan there is no more standing in front of the fridge clueless
- If you plan in slow cooker recipes. You can let the slow cooker do the work while you are doing other things.
- You won’t spend hours in the shops
How are we reducing our Waistline?
- Plan recipes that are healthier like low-fat stir fries
- Buy not having to opt for unhealthy takeaways when there is nothing in the house
- Planning your meals gives you greater control.
- You can decide what in your meal and control the fat and sugar.
So Here is Meal Planning Monday Spring Menu – Number 1
Monday Spring Menu
Tonight is a Tasty Veggie Rogan Josh. I am working on the recipe to share with you tomorrow ( so come back for that !!). This recipe is a healthy way of having Indian food without all fat of a takeaway. Serve with Brown recipe to make it even healthier.
This tasty recipe is so good I had to share and prawns are on special offer in Lidl this week. Low fat, Quick and saving money!
Prawns and Spinach with wholemeal rice and Raspberry Vinegar – this has an affiliate link
- 1/2 bag Frozen cooked Prawns
- one packet microwave wholemeal rice ( Aldi do a nice one)
- A handful of Baby leaf spinach
- Raspberry vinegar – again from I got mine from Aldi
- optional you could use lemon juice or light soy sauce instead.
- Place the prawns, rice, and spinach in the microwave steamer
- Drizzle with the Raspberry vinegar or Lemon juice
- Microwave for 2- 3 minutes on full or until cooked.
If you don’t have a microwave steamer, you can do it in a traditional steamer for 15 minutes.
Usually, it is Pizza Night on Wednesday but I occasionally change things up and we will be having Tomato and Basil with low-fat Mozzarella Pastry Slice. You can get low-fat mozzarella in most supermarkets now and it is only 69c! Serve with a large green salad!
Good quality mince can be low in fat and this Cottage Pie with Sweet Potato Mash is great. You can find special Offers on steak mince this week in Lidl and Supervalu or you could always make it with meatless mince. Sweet potato has a Low GI and contains Vitamin A and C it is great for those eating healthy.
Stir-frys are a great low-fat option to the Chinese takeaway and turkey is on Special offer on in Lidl this week. Turkey is a low-fat meat and great for stir-frys. I will share this recipe on Friday for a low-fat option on the weekend.
Tummy beef or Veggie warming stew is a great slow-cooker recipe. The great thing about using the slow cooker is you can go out and know your dinner will be ready when you get home and Beef pieces are also on Special offer this week.
Sunday is our treat day. Eating healthy is great but you are allowed the odd treat and my daughter’s boyfriend is coming to visit. He loves Apple crumble and I know he will be delighted and also Bramley apples are on special offer in Lidl this week!
That is this week’s Meal Planning Monday Spring Menu I hope you enjoyed it. If you ar looking for more Menus check out I am an Organizing Junkie’s Monday Link up each week.
If you are new to Meal Planning I have a handy Free Guide to Meal planning for you if you sign up to the Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter. The Snapshot and Snippets newsletter is filled with Exclusive recipes and hints and tips and news about what is come on the blog.
SAVE THIS IMAGE FOR LATER