I started recycling years ago, long before it became popular or even require in certain places. My family thinks I am crazy because I clean my tins them thoroughly before I send them off to be recycled. But this strange habit of mine came in handy when I needed more craft storage. I also love to UPCYCLE things, which is using things for a new purpose. So I grab some clean tin cans and started planning my Upcycling Tin cans for storage.
UPCYCLED TIN CANS as STORAGE
- 3 clean tin cans
- 1 piece of 18mm dowel
- Strong glue
- Paint -I used the tester pots from our Kitchen
- I used a stencil but this is not needed
- washi tape and a button.
The How I did it bit
2. I added the dots using a stencil I had but you can decorate your tins anyway you like.
3. Then I covered the wood doweling with Washi tape.
4. I attached the tins to the wood doweling using a glue gun.
5. I finished off the tins with a ribbon and a button on top of the doweling.
You can always use your tins to hold something else like cutlery for your bar-be-cues. Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.
I hope you liked this Upcyling Craft I have a few more post like this you might like
- How to decorate your re-usable linen shopping bag
- make your own Garden Planters
- How to make a Garden Bench (or how to upcycle your Ikea bunks)
- 6 Great Frugal Gardening Tips
- How to make a Rag Rug from Old T-shirts
For more crafts or to find what Snapshot and snippets is all about, head over to my Snapshot and Snippets Start here page . Or you can sign up for my Snapshot and snippets newsletter and receive a FREE copy of my latest recipe and lots of fresh ideas and printable ever week !
Feel Free to Pin this Image for Later =====>