Yep I have changed things up and decided Wednesday will be when I share recipes with you and today it is our go to Carbonara recipe. It is my Eldest daughter’s favourite and she has been home for the Easter holidays from College so it has been in the menu planning rotation.
Our Go to Carbonara
- Half a pack of bacon or 6 slices chopped- my lot love smoked bacon but you are suppose to use Pancetta
- Onion – peeled and finely chopped
- Mushrooms ( 5- 6 ) – Chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 eggs- beaten
- Olive Oil
- Pasta (enough for 4 people) We use wholemeal pasta usually
- Parmigiana-Reggiano Cheese – ( Supervalu do I lovely one for €2.99)
The How To Bit
- Put a pot of water on for your Pasta and cook it until al Dente – save a couple of tablespoons of the Pasta water.
- In a skillet pan, fry your bacon and onion until bacon is getting crispy then add mushrooms and garlic.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs * and add Grated Cheese about 75- 100 g *TIP If you use eggs that are frozen and defrosted it is suppose to help the sauce not to scramble
- Add the pasta to the bacon in the pan and take off the heat – add the Egg and cheese and the pasta water and mix then mix quickly with the pasta so not to scramble the eggs. You can use a set of tongs to toss the pasta in the sauce which should thicken is things have gone well.
- Serve with shavings of Parmigiana-Reggiano and basil leaves to garnish and a nice garlic bread or a Green salad.
Enjoy ! What is your go-to recipe feel free to comment below I love to hear from people?
If you liked this pasta dish you can find more great recipes below
- Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- Bacon, Chorizo and Spinach Easy Cheesy Pasta
- Chorizo and Garden Vegetable Pasta
- Quick and Easy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
If you are looking for more recipes or something else on Snapshot and Snippet please check out my Start Here Page. Or sign up for the Snapshot and Snippets Newsletter below and receive your free recipe Ebook
THIS IMAGE IS PINNABLE ===>